Orgasms are as much a part of women’s health as bathing but a lot more fun.
For all the things you’ve been dying to find out as well as things you’ve never even thought of, expand your knowledge about orgasm with these facts.
1) Men are having more of them. Nearly a quarter of men claim to orgasm once a day, compared to just 15% of women. Unfair much?
2) People are still embarrassed by them. Over 15% of sex toy owners hide their toys from their partners. Seriously? Get them out.
3) They’re good for you. As well as the obvious fun, masturbating is good for you people! Countless studies show orgasm can actually reduce pain sensitivity, relieve cramps and alleviate stress.
4) They get better with age. While it’s obviously fairly difficult to determine, experts say that because you know your body better and are more comfortable with sex when you’re older, the ‘Big O’ is a happier place to visit in your 40s, 50s and beyond. Something to look forward to then!
5) Orgasms are better when you wait. According to a study published in the World Journal of Urology, abstaining from any sexual activity for three weeks means your testosterone levels will peak and boost your libido resulting in a super-orgasm.
6) They’re determined by your walk. No really. A recent Belgian study claims that you can tell just by the way a woman walks whether she’s able to orgasm during intercourse.
7) They’re usually followed by poking of a completely different type. Apparently 36% of people under the age of 35 head straight to Facebook and Twitter post-sex. What happened to cuddling guys?
8) They just might help you live longer. Unlike all those other good things (like say chocolate or wine) it turns out that orgasms might actually be good for our health. According to the British Medical Journal, there’s a strong correlation between orgasms and mortality rates and those who orgasm two times a week or more can add up to eight years on to their life. Why? Apparently it boosts the immune system, hearth health and brain power.
9) They’re literally mind-numbing. Researchers have found that some areas of a woman’s brain actually shut down during orgasm, including those involved in emotion.
10) They make you look younger. Some doctors say frequent sex can increase collagen production, which helps to reduce age spots and keep skin looking young and taut. Apparently orgasms also give you oxytocin (known as ‘the love hormone’) which produces ‘glowing effects’. Cheaper than a facial too.