Awkward? Romantic? How would you describe your first sexual experience?
Here are some general truths on what most women feel about their first time.
1. It’s not an epic, romantic moment. Unless you consider awkwardly groping in the backseat of a 20-year-old used car romantic.
2. It doesn’t set the tone for the rest of your sex life forever. There’s no scrapbook under your bed that you fondly flip through and remember the times when you still had your virginity.
4. You don’t magically transform into a mature adult person. You might feel a little more world-weary, but it’s not like you suddenly know about the stock market.
5. Telling your friends you did it is always better than actually doing it. Because in the story, you can say that it was more awesome than it really was.
6. No one cares even a little bit about anyone else’s virginity status. Everyone is just excited to be having sex, virgin or not.
7. The bleeding and hurting thing isn’t what it’s made out to be. You’d probably already lost your virginity to a bicycle when you were 11.
8. It teaches you some things about your body, but nothing you can’t learn from masturbating. If you don’t want to get down with someone else, you can figure out what turns you on by, um, homeschooling yourself.
9. There is no comfortable way to find out that vaginas queef during sex. Just know that it’s not a fart.
10. Sex only gets better. No one’s first time is their best time. No one.
Do you agree?